One year ago I hit publish on my site. I’ve made some friends, found really cute shops, and read some hilarious, sad, and life changing posts from other blogs. I have learned a lot since obtaining my little space on the internet and I’m continuing to learn so much. I started this blog to keep in touch with friends and family all over the world, to showcase some adorable boy fashion without spending a fortune, and to write about how I’m keeping (and not keeping) my sanity as a mother, woman, and wife to someone in the military. There is a ton of adventure in the future for our family and I can’t wait to share it with you all. Thank you for reading and coming back to my site through all the inconsistent posting, bad photography, incorrect spellings, and poor grammar. I strive to be better and improve with every single blog post, so thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
dress from Shop Hello Honey
In honor of being “live” on the internet for 12 whole months, here are 12 things you may not know about me.
1. I grew up in Chicago, lived in Las Vegas for about 10 years, then lived in the South my entire teaching career – my accent is crazy. I say my “A’s” like I’m from the Midwest, my vocabulary has a lot of West Coast slang, but I also have a southern twang when I say certain words.
2. In 2nd grade, I lived in the Philippines (where my parents are from). My best friend was the Canadian Ambassador’s daughter.
3. I got my driver’s license on the first try! But within the first two weeks of me driving, I got into so many car accidents that the insurance company threatened my parents to kick me off of their policy.
4. I love dance. I started dancing in high school on a competitive team, then a dance troupe, then I danced throughout college. Now, I only dance if I have a few drinks, if I’m super comfortable around you, or if there’s a good song playing.
5. My husband and I met on a hip hop dance crew.
6. My sister, my brother in law, and I were snorkeling in Key West, FL and we saw a black tipped reef shark. We got so excited, we chased it. It’s also one of the shark species that has attacked the most people.
7. I made more money as a hostess in Las Vegas, seating people at a restaurant, than I did as a teacher.
8. Lil Jon came to eat at the restaurant I worked at so much that he knew me by name.
9. I was awarded my Master of Science in Curriculum and Instruction in April 2017. I graduated with distinction. Whoop!
10. If money, time, and energy weren’t an issue I would want to be a men’s fashion buyer, marine biologist, world traveler, chef, sneaker collector, food critic, yoga teacher, classroom teacher, classicist. Can that be a thing? LOL
11. The moles on my face make the letter “W”.
12. I totally believe in the whole “go with your gut” thing. When I was in college, there was a guy that I met that was super cute and funny, but I got a weird feeling about him. Later, I found out there were a few serious investigations on him. Another time, during a family road trip (in the 90s) I begged my parents to pull over because I felt weird. We were rushed into the basement of the rest stop because there was a tornado spotted close to where were driving.
Thank you again for reading and continuing to come back!
In the comments, tell me something interesting about yourself!